Monday, November 1, 2010

An Assetta Tale - The Rabid Squirrel


I am really a laid back kinda guy. There are times when I feel bad for picking on Assetta. I think to myself, "Self? You are being way to critical of this woman. No one on this Earth can be as bad as you are making her out to be - and not be on the 6:00 news in a body bag."

So I take a deep breath and let it out. I turn over a new leaf. I am the new and improved, Luther Von Dude. The, "Go with the flow", Luther Von Dude. Then, yesterday happened. We live in the north east, so during the humid summer months it is a bit chilly in the mornings and turns to sweltering in the afternoons.

Assetta arrived at work at her normal one hour late time and stopped in to say hi.

I smiled warmly in the new and improved, go with flow kinda way, "Good morning Assetta."

"Its a little chilly out there today isn't it?" Assetta was wearing her odd pink ruffly sweater.

"Just a bit." I offered.

There may have been a little bit more back and forth but in a nut shell that was the conversation and it ended without incident. Nice. Success even. I like the new me.

As the day went on and lunch came and went, it began to get warm in the office. Well, warm is a little bit of an understatement. I almost fell asleep at my desk. The only reason I didn't was that my keyboard was kind enough to wack me on the head when I would doze off.

There came a loud thundering roar from down the hall, "Who was messing with the thermostat?!" Ogre, the man in charge of the thermostat was somewhat enraged. He obviously didn't adopt my new and improved, go with the flow life philosophy.

Halcy spoke, up. I saw Assetta playing with it this morning.

Epilogue
Poor Ogre couldn't even yell at her in person because after Assetta, after turning the thermostat up to 80 degrees, left an hour and a half later for the rest of the day. She did receive a phone call that afternoon from a none to pleased Ogre.

I guess I sorta feel sorry for Assetta. I never realized that a person could be that clueless to the world around them. I relate to Assetta the same way I would a squirrel with rabies. I sort of feel sorry for her, but I know to keep my distance and understand that it would probably be better if someone would put her out of her misery.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I think a lot of us have an Assetta...well, I know I do at least. Thank you blogfarm for bringing me this blog! I will return :)

    Jill
    http://thatslifejill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete